Yuzu Snapper Ceviche with Crème Fraiche and Smoked Soy and Onion Ponzu
This is a recipe by Paul Niddrie. It is from our very popular Fish Butchery class and rests on the quality of the fish. Always ask your fishmonger for advice - they will let you know which fish is best for the dish - kingfish or snapper is perfect.
- 1 snapper fillet, sliced/diced
- 2 tablespoons crème fraiche
- Green Onion oil to garnish
- Smoked Soy to garnish
- Avocado puree
- Marigold Flowers
- 1 Asparagus Spear, sliced into julienne
- Yuzu juice to garnish
- This is a very simple dish. We need to begin the “cure” of the snapper by mixing with the soy and yuzu. Leave for 30 mins.
- Add enough creme fraiche to coat and a dash of the onion oil. Stir well. Taste for seasoning. Now we plate and garnish.
- Place the snapper in the middle of the bowl. Topping with avocado puree, asparagus and marigold petals. Serve immediately.