Date and time:
Tuesday May 21, 2024 6.00pm - 9.00pm
The Hunter's Pantry
Junction Fair Shopping Centre
200 Union Street The Junction, NSW 2291
Come and play!
Inspired by Subo’s ‘Dining in the Dark’ experience explore the many textures and techniques available to making vegetables sing – regardless of the season.
When you eat in darkness you are relying on all your other senses to come to the fore – taste, texture, smell and sound - In this class you will (though both hands-on and demonstrated elements) bring together the perfect plate of food – all vegetarian, gluten free and super delicious. Put it all on the plate – crunchy, salty, creamy, soft, juicy, fresh – construct by breaking down and exploring just how much you can get out of your humble veg.
Seasonal and TBA
This class has elements of hands on and demonstrated techniques and is gluten free and vegetarian.
About our chef presenter:
Having started her career in fine dining at ARIA and The Sofitel – Alannah Micelli then set her sights on travel, learning and growing in various kitchens around the world before returning to Newcastle and opening the Young Street Hotel as Head Chef. Alannah knows her stuff, her knowledge is broad and her skills are detailed – she knows how to get the most out of produce (both fresh, seasonal and pantry staples) she also loves to play – with colour, texture and technique. It is no coincidence that soon after her taking over as Head Chef at Subo in 2023 – they reclaimed their chef’s hat.
Terms and Conditions
- Please be aware we do not offer refunds/transfers into other events/credits due to change in personal circumstances, including illness. We ask if you are presenting with COVID-19 like symptoms and/or have the COVID-19 virus that you refrain from attending and that you contact us.
- For whatever reason a person/s is not able to attend, we welcome a person/s of your choosing to take the place, providing there is no change in dietary circumstances from the original ticket holder.
- We require all dietary/allergy information to be disclosed prior to purchase. If any dietary/allergies are present, please contact us before purchasing a ticket. We cannot provide a credit/refund/transfer due to dietary/allergy requirements after purchase.
- We reserve the right to alter/cancel/postpone a class at any time. If this is to occur you are welcome to a refund/credit/transfer.
- Our cooking school runs on a schedule, and it is required that you arrive 10 minutes prior to your booking. You are still welcome if you are running late, however we may start the class without you.
- We ask if a person/s is/are presenting with COVID-19 like symptoms and/or have the COVID-19 virus that they refrain from attending. Please contact us if this is the case.
- Once a ticket is purchased, it is assumed that you have read and agree to these terms. For more information please call us on 4926 1991
We usually require at least 8 participants for our classes to run viably, but make the call and let you know 48 hours prior to the class.
If we are unable to gain enough participants, we will happily move you to next iteration of the class, or another class of your choosing. Alternately, we can arrange for a credit note to be used at a later date or a refund.
Thank you for your understanding.