Seasonal Seafood - Prep and cook
Date and time:
Saturday, May 25 2024 10.00am -1.00pm
The Hunter's Pantry
Junction Fair Shopping Centre
200 Union Street The Junction, NSW 2291
Seafood is fit to eat throughout the year, you just need to work with what is in season – and get your hands on the good stuff. You also need to know how to prepare it well and cook it for the season.
This class is a mix of knife skills, seafood preparation, flavour balancing and perfect cooking. If you are intimidated by or struggle to use seafood in your day to day – or just relegate it to super special dinner parties - this class is a great place to start.
In this class Alannah will show you the ropes.
- Fillet a fish and perfectly and cook
- Shuck an Oyster and create your own vinaigrette
- Peel (properly) and prep prawns – use the shells – don’t bin them! Use them to make a stock and get the most out of your ingredients
- Scallop with chorizo, garlic butter with chives and lime
About our chef presenter:
Having started her career in fine dining at ARIA and The Sofitel – Alannah Micelli then set her sights on travel, learning and growing in various kitchens around the world before returning to Newcastle and opening the Young Street Hotel as Head Chef. Alannah knows her stuff, her knowledge is broad and her skills are detailed – she knows how to get the most out of produce (both fresh, seasonal and pantry staples) she also loves to play – with colour, texture and technique. It is no coincidence that soon after her taking over as Head Chef at Subo in 2023 – they reclaimed their chef’s hat.
Terms and Conditions
- Please be aware we do not offer refunds/transfers into other events/credits due to change in personal circumstances, including illness. We ask if you are presenting with COVID-19 like symptoms and/or have the COVID-19 virus that you refrain from attending and that you contact us.
- For whatever reason a person/s is not able to attend, we welcome a person/s of your choosing to take the place, providing there is no change in dietary circumstances from the original ticket holder.
- We require all dietary/allergy information to be disclosed prior to purchase. If any dietary/allergies are present, please contact us before purchasing a ticket. We cannot provide a credit/refund/transfer due to dietary/allergy requirements after purchase.
- We reserve the right to alter/cancel/postpone a class at any time. If this is to occur you are welcome to a refund/credit/transfer.
- Our cooking school runs on a schedule, and it is required that you arrive 10 minutes prior to your booking. You are still welcome if you are running late, however we may start the class without you.
- We ask if a person/s is/are presenting with COVID-19 like symptoms and/or have the COVID-19 virus that they refrain from attending. Please contact us if this is the case.
- Once a ticket is purchased, it is assumed that you have read and agree to these terms. For more information please call us on 4926 1991
We usually require at least 8 participants for our classes to run viably, but make the call and let you know 48 hours prior to the class.
If we are unable to gain enough participants, we will happily move you to next iteration of the class, or another class of your choosing. Alternately, we can arrange for a credit note to be used at a later date or a refund.
Thank you for your understanding.