Herbies Spice Trail
With Ian “Herbie” Hemphill
Date and time:
Sat, 9 Mar 2024 10:30 AM - 1:30 PM AEST
The Hunter's Pantry
Junction Fair Shopping Centre
200 Union Street The Junction, NSW 2291
Take a guided tour along the epic Spice Trail with national treasure Ian “Herbie” Hemphill.
In this three hour ‘talk with tastings’ – a mini degustation if you will, Herbie will guide you on this exciting culinary journey to discover more about the spices that changed the world and influenced so many cuisines.
Start in Mexico and venture to Turkey by way of Morocco. When we’re done there it’s on to India, and Vietnam where it’s sure to pack a punch. Finish in Australia, with a quick stop in Banda Indonesia for a sweet end to this exotic spice trail.
The Spice Trail class includes:
- 3 hours of spicey banter including the history of spice, how to identify quality spices and also demystifying some well-worn tales about them.
- Recipes for all the tastes on offer
- Q & A with Herbie, with copies of his Spice and Herb Bible available to be bought and signed on the day.
- Mexican Mole Poblano
- Moroccan Chicken Bastilla
- Turkish Fatoush
- Indian Chicken Biryani
- Vietnamese Dill & Turmeric seafood
- Indonesian Nutmeg cake
- Australian Chocolate and Wattleseed truffles
- Washed down with a glass of wine.
Come along and mine this fountain of knowledge – perhaps you’ll discover a better understanding of the spices you already know and love – maybe you’ll embrace some new ones and find out what ELSE you can do with them!
Class contains meat, dairy, gluten, seafood and egg.
Terms and Conditions
- Please be aware we do not offer refunds/transfers into other events/credits due to change in personal circumstances, including illness. We ask if you are presenting with COVID-19 like symptoms and/or have the COVID-19 virus that you refrain from attending and that you contact us.
- For whatever reason a person/s is not able to attend, we welcome a person/s of your choosing to take the place, providing there is no change in dietary circumstances from the original ticket holder.
- We require all dietary/allergy information to be disclosed prior to purchase. If any dietary/allergies are present, please contact us before purchasing a ticket. We cannot provide a credit/refund/transfer due to dietary/allergy requirements after purchase.
- We reserve the right to alter/cancel/postpone a class at any time. If this is to occur you are welcome to a refund/credit/transfer.
- Our cooking school runs on a schedule, and it is required that you arrive 10 minutes prior to your booking. You are still welcome if you are running late, however we may start the class without you.
- We ask if a person/s is/are presenting with COVID-19 like symptoms and/or have the COVID-19 virus that they refrain from attending. Please contact us if this is the case.
- Once a ticket is purchased, it is assumed that you have read and agree to these terms. For more information please call us on 4926 1991
We usually require at least 8 participants for our classes to run viably, but make the call and let you know 48 hours prior to the class.
If we are unable to gain enough participants, we will happily move you to next iteration of the class, or another class of your choosing. Alternately, we can arrange for a credit note to be used at a later date or a refund.
Thank you for your understanding.