Japanese - An introduction to Japanese cuisine
Date and time:
Thur, 18 Jan 2024 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM AEST
The Hunter's Pantry
Junction Fair Shopping Centre
200 Union Street The Junction, NSW 2291
In just one class you can master the basics of the Japanese kitchen!
In just one evening you can master the basics of the Japanese kitchen! This class is for both novice and advanced cooks who want to get fully hands-on with the healthy and easy world of Japanese cooking.
Follow the professional guidance of our chef who has curated a best-of list, jam packed with a variety of techniques, ingredients and textures to give you a solid foundation to build your own Japanese repertoire on.
You will use high quality and traditional Japanese ingredients to produce delicious and nutritious dishes with the unique identity the cuisine is known for. This is combined with traditional methods, seasonings that will see your food looking restaurant quality.
Your menu (Subject to change)
- Tuna onigiri with furikake
- Chicken karaage with sweet chilli sauce
- Home style okonomiyaki
- Gomaae salad
- Miso soup
You will learn:
- Balance flavours
- Japanese fried chicken
- How to make the very important dashi
- How to cook perfect rice for Japanese cuisine
- An introduction to terminology
- An introduction to elements such as miso, tofu, dashi, shoyu, tsuyu, katsuobushi, ponzu, togarashi, kosho and more
Add some text to tell customers more about your product.